Pages

Monday, November 14, 2005

No More NaNo? (Because Good News!)

I'm not officially dropping NaNoWriMo...but I'm probably not going to finish my vampire novel by the end of the month. Why? Because I have GOOD NEWS!!! (x 2)

On Saturday, I found out that a story and an illustration had been accepted for WeeOnes in January - Yay! And they want me to do another illustration as well - Woo Hoo!

On Sunday, I went to my portfolio review, and an editor requested 2 of my picture book dummies based on illustrations in my portfolio - Yippee! One of the dummies has also been requested by another editor at a different house. Both of the dummies are not done yet.

So, given that I need to do an illustration for Wee Ones and 2 pb dummies, I think my vampire book will have to go on the back burner. I'm still going to work on it, but not as much as I would have if I wasn't doing an illustration and 2 pb dummies.

Who knows, I might still get a 50k novel done by the end of the month, but the art stuff comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment