Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Art Day Spotlight: Quentin Blake

I didn't realize how hard it would be to get computer and/or internet time while I was away, so I'm doing a quick Quentin Blake spotlight while it's still Monday on the West Coast (even if that's not where I am).

Whenever I walk into the bookstore and see Quentin Blake's artwork, many times on a book by Roald Dahl, it always makes me smile. His characters are so full of lfe, drawn with a few squiggly lines, some color, and a whole lot of personality.

I had plans for this post, all sorts of wonderful things to say and point to, but really, the statement above says everything I want to say about his artwork, except that if you aren't familiar with it, you should be. It's amazing. The links and things I would have pointed to are not nearly as good as what you will find on his website.

Browse his website if you have time, if not, just go here and enjoy the magic of Quentin Blake at work.

Isn't that amazing? I always love seeing how other artists work. BTW, Did you see his studio? I wish I had that kind of space :)

If you have time to poke around on his site, there's another video and a ton of interesting info.

6 comments:

  1. Wow -- that 10 Minutes of Quentin video was great! I forwarded it to my daughter, who loves to draw. Thanks Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for turning me on to him. Great work. I loved it! XOXO CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for the links!

    Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his drawings, and dream of having that kind of space...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed that soooo much. Thanks!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rena, You're welcome. I hope your daughter liked it too. He's amazing, and it was fun to see him work.

    CJ, You're welcome; glad you liked it!

    Christy, You're welcome, and Happy New Year to you too :)

    Adrienne, I dream of that kind of space too. Oh to have a studio! Happy New Year :)

    Kimberly, you're welcome, happy to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete