Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Illustration Friday: Welcome (committee)

I just finished this painting last night and thought it fit well with today’s Illustration Friday topic, welcome. These cows are the welcome committee for the herd.
The black line is all acrylic because I wanted it to be really dark. The color is watercolor, using layers of different color to make the orange, purple and green spots. I really like using the real color or a color I’ve mixed before hand, so this was a challenge for me to accept what the colors looked like after layering. I like the effect, but I think it would have looked good using bright green, orange and purple too.

Meet the welcoming committee. Moo.

Meet the welcoming committee. Moo.

If you are a watercolor painter, do you like mixing colors by layering or do you prefer to mix them before you paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment