Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

light for illustration Friday, book launch party, and ABFFE auction

The prompt for Illustration Friday this week is light. Can't resist posting this image of a deep sea lantern fish that I drew for Ripple back in 2010.


Might have to do some more art in this style in the future, though probably not in colored pencil (I love colored pencil, but can't imagine using it for a long project like a picture book).

Two Reminders of events this week:

1.  The ABFFE auction is going on right now (until Dec. 8). You can get awesome art from children's book illustrators to put on your walls. I'm not just saying that because I have two prints in the auction - there are a lot of other illustrators in the auction. Check it out here. If you want to bid on my art, here are the links for my two prints:

Bid on a print from my upcoming picture book, EWE AND AYE, here.

You can bid on the Diverse Books Theater print here.
(Drawn in honor of We Need Diverse Books.)

ABFFE stands for American Booksellers For Free Expression. They work to, "promote and protect the free exchange of ideas, particularly those contained in books." For more information, visit ABFFE's site.  

2. If you're going to be in the Twin Cities on Sunday afternoon, I'm having a book launch for the new picture book I illustrated, EWE AND AYE, written by Candace Ryan, illustrated by Stephanie Ruble (me!). It's at Red Balloon Bookshop 891 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. 651-224-8320 / 888-651-8320

The deep sea lantern fish and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment