Even though I've
spent way too much time reading blogs today, I did manage to finish two
major picture book rewrites. Yippee! Now all I have to do is work on the
dummies. Which I wish was as easy as it sounds. The good news though is
that I have 4 of the 5 major characters drawn already, and the other
one just needs a little bit of work, since he looks too much like
another one of my characters.
Only a few more picture book
rewrites to go before I'm caught up with all the ones I want to finish
up this summer. Then it's time for more dummies, and working on the
picture book ideas that I haven't started yet.
BTW, if it sounds
like picture book writing and revising is easy, it's not. I've been
working on a lot of these stories in one form or another for a while.
Some of them have been around for several years.
portfolio is coming along (slowly). I finished up a series of 5
pictures yesterday - yay! Although, now I need to revise the story to
fit the pictures...one of my characters suddenly decided he was going to
be a pirate! Most of my characters are either well behaved or I just
happened to get them right, so I haven't had too many surprises like
this. A few, but not many.
I've been working with the pirate
since January of 2004 and I never once suspected that's what he was.
I've done multiple pictures and sketches, so it's not like I didn't know
what he looked like. Of course, in the beginning, the character was a
girl. Not that there can't be girl pirates, but she was more of a circus
girl than a pirate.