Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Farmer In The Dell

For some reason I had "The Farmer In The Dell" in my head this morning - the end part, where the cheese stands alone. I never understood that as a kid. I clearly remember thinking, "that doesn't make any sense." There was the game you could play with the song too, and a person got stuck in the circle standing alone. Nobody wanted to be the cheese in the middle.

The whole idea of the cheese standing alone still doesn't make any sense to me except that for some reason, I feel like I'm standing alone today. Well, not completely alone. Cheese is here with me (Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends).

Anybody know why the cheese stands alone?

Were there any songs, nursery rhymes, games or stories that you remember not understanding as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment