Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

working title contest (for my NaNoWriMo novel)

Contest Update, click here.

I was inspired by a post that Courtney had about a working title for her novel. I decided that I need a much more inspiring title for my NaNoWriMo novel, so I’m having a contest.

Working Title Contest

Current Title: THROUGH THE WOODS

About the book: loosely based on Red Riding Hood, with a bit of supernatural and much weirdness

What I want: something better than my current title. Dark and scary would be cool, or a title that makes me laugh, but mostly one that will keep me inspired for 50,000 words in 30 days.

Titles I don’t want: anything too cute or too young (YA, not PB)

How to enter: reply to the contest thread in the comments on either LJ or Blogger. Deadline: Monday October 20, at 5pm EST. Void where prohibited and all that legal stuff. This contest is for fun only. The winner will be picked by me and is totally subjective, as it needs to inspire me to keep my BIC and write ;) I’ll announce the winner on Tuesday.

Prizes! I’m not sure what, but something involving Sheila the Zombie Cheerleader (she’s not in the book, but will be cheering me on). It will probably be a postcard with the image below (or the original painting, your choice) and one of Sheila’s cheers (also your choice):

Cheer #1: B-U-T-T I-N- CHAIR! Butt in Chair! Butt In Chair! Yay!

Cheer #2: Be Creative! B-E CREATIVE! Or Else!

Sheila is a motivator.



I’m off to the apple orchard to go apple picking now. See you all on Monday! p.s. I hope this contest makes sense. I didn’t get much sleep last night. Sheila was cheering the zombie football team in their all night game.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool, spooky story!
    My lame attempts at a title:

    Little Red Hiding

    What Big Eyes You Have

    Forest of Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, my title is just one word:
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play! I'm not great at titles and I don't have a Zombie cheerleader rah rah'n for me, but here goes:

    A Wolf Chasing

    A Hood in the Woods
    (get it...red riding "hood" going through the "woods"...told you I was bad at this...grin)

    The Dead Red

    Little Red Zombie Girl

    Grandma's Date has Sharp Teeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT'S IN THE BASKET?

    THE RED BASKETCASE

    I do like Brenda's "A Hood in the Woods" though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing that comes to mind:
    A Bee-Line To Granny's House

    Okay, I'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I started out pretty generic and then started getting silly. Because well, that's just how I roll. ;)

    Queen Bee

    Sting Stang Stung

    Bee and the Beasts of Burden

    Bee Good

    Little Red Riding Bee

    Don't Bee Cruel

    The Forest of Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great suggestions Kelly, Jacqui, Brenda, Rena, Adrienne, and Carrie! Winner announced tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete