The Watercolor Wednesdays prompt for this week was to create a child or animal character. When I sat down to paint, this is who showed up.
Does he look familiar? I think he looks a lot like the puppy I did for the Frankenstein prompt and the Halloween character prompt and maybe a little like this puppy too. They are all supposed to be the same kind of dog, so maybe they’re different puppies from the same litter.
The prompt for last week was Wild Thing. Originally I was going to do
an image of the characters from the book/movie, but then I decided to
do something slightly different in the style of Maurice Sendak. It took a
lot longer than I thought it would to complete this painting, and
honestly I could have spent another week or so on it to make it look the
way I wanted it to look. Since I have other projects that I need to get
done, I cut a few corners to finish the painting. There are parts I
really like and parts I wish I could have spent the time to do right. I
think I’ll be using some of the techniques and the palette in future
paintings to see what happens. So, here’s my wild (chicken) thing