Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Elephant Olympics?

Update: I’m working on a new digital paint style, trying different things to see what looks best. The top image is new, slightly altered from the first one (which is below it). Basically I’ve made it a bit more painterly and gotten rid of the black line. The third image is them together, side by side. Which one do you like better?

Sometimes when I watch the Olympics, I wonder about things, like do elephants have their own Olympic games? And if they do, would they have the same events as our Olympics? Here’s the first event that I imagined from their winter games – Elephant Figure Skating:

Olympic Elephant Skater (take 2)

Olympic Elephant Skater (take 2)

Figure Skating at the Elephant Olympics

Figure Skating at the Elephant Olympics

2 Elephant Skaters Side By Side

2 Elephant Skaters Side By Side

What do you think about when you watch the Olympics?

I’m thinking of drawing the Elephant Olympians  in the curling  event next. It cracks me up every time I imagine it. Plus, I need to work more on this new style; I haven’t mastered it yet.

p.s. Don’t worry, I’m not getting rid of my more graphic style, just trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment