Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

New Art and New Hair

I’ve been experimenting with my digital style to make it more painterly and yet retain the flat color that I like so much. This first piece of new art is an example of that experiment and works for the CBIG blog prompt this month (outside) and the Illustration Friday prompt for this week (atmosphere). Instead of raining cats and dogs, it’s raining on the cats and dogs!

Dogs and Cats and Umbrellas
Dogs and Cats and Umbrellas

The other new piece of art I have is a drawing of a lantern fish that I did for Ripple. It sold before I could post it here, but I still wanted to share the drawing because it works for the WaWe oceans prompt. Plus, it cracks me up. Hope it gives you a laugh too!

Fishy With A Built In Flashlight
Fishy With A Built In Flashlight

The third piece of new art you may have noticed already. I have a new avatar because my hair is all chopped off. :( It will grow back (eventually) right? What happened was that I got a really bad haircut, which I tried to grow out for two months. Then I went to MN and asked a friend of mine that’s a hairstylist if she could fix it. She said no, so she chopped it all off and I’m starting over. The new avatar will be around until I have more hair again (I’m guessing 6 months, or maybe 9 … or 12). Eep!

srublePic

p.s. Now that I’m home again, I’ll be posting notes from the LA conference and a new website design soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment