Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

a toothy smile for a boy and a moo

I have to go to the dentist today. It's just for a cleaning, but going to the dentist is not my favorite thing. Then I thought of my drawing of a boy and his cow friend and their toothy grins, and it made me smile. I'll have a toothy grin after going to the dentist, so it's worth suffering through the cleaning :D


You might be able to see the date in the bottom right corner. It says 1-15-04. I can't believe I drew this image nine years ago! At the time, I was a little over half way through my project of drawing a cow a day for a year. I needed to draw something silly, and to use crayons (I love crayons)! BTW, the background is crayon too. It's watercolor crayon, which is even better, because I get to draw with crayons, and then play with a paintbrush!

The image was part of a series with the boy and cow. Here are some of my other favorites of them, starting with: Upside-down Moose Ears! This is the first image I drew of them, and my favorite from the series.


The second image was the two playing leap frog. Bet you've never seen a cow play leap frog before!


Another fun one is when the cow watched the movie Jaws before going to the beach. The boy better watch out for cow sharks!


My final favorite to share is of them on the swings. I drew a new version of this image a few years later for my portfolio:


A boy and his moo friend, the perfect distraction from thinking about having to go to the dentist!

What distractions do you use when you have to do something you don't want to do?

2 comments:

  1. I'm having *too much fun* looking at your cow! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mirka! The cow is waving hello to you :)

      Delete