Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

happy holidays, an updated website, and soar for illustration friday

Happy Holidays!


Every year I come up with new art for our holiday card. This year I wanted to feature my character Kitty, who was on three of the postcards* I sent out this year. I also wanted to use similar art for our holiday card and my end of the year postcard to publishers. Note: the text on our card said, "May your holidays be filled with joy."

* I ended up sending out six postcards this year, though only four mailings - two mailings had two cards (the postcard version of the holiday card is on the bottom left):





I'm happy to say that along with the holiday card, I updated my website with new art, and my favorite pieces of unusual holiday art and art challenges that I did this year. Click here to check it out.

The Illustration Friday prompt this week is: soar. One of my original ideas for the holiday card and postcard was to have Kitty soaring in the air on her sled. I ended up going with the snowmen instead, but I still like the sketch, so I'm going to post it for the IF prompt this week. Here's my sketch of Kitty soaring above the snow:


Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment