I was writing my short story for the merry fates contest (deadline tomorrow! anyone else entering?), when I started to wonder what it would be like to be supernatural, and whether or not I would choose to be, if I had the choice. Sure, powers are cool and all that, but how likely would it be that you would be able to control the dark side of it, or that you would stay the same, personality-wise? And would you really want to be eating brains or sucking blood?
So, here are my philosophical type questions for you today, because I’m curious, and because tomorrow is Halloween:
1. If you had to choose between being dead, or being turned into a supernatural being, which would you choose? (see rules below)
2. If you chose to be supernatural, you would be able to achieve something you've always wished for, like being a successful published author, or a rock star. Would that change your answer to question #1?
* For this blog post, supernatural creatures are not nice or safe, like Casper the Friendly Ghost, Sheila the Zombie Cheerleader, or Edward Cullen and Jacob Black. If you became supernatural, you would likely have to kill people to eat, or at least drain some blood once in a while.
* If you choose to be supernatural, you may not have free will. There might be a leader or a puppet master deciding what you do.
* For those wondering about the afterlife (whatever after life you believe in, or don't), choosing to be supernatural would not affect your afterlife, except if you decided to kill/maim/hurt people just for the fun of it after you changed (as opposed to needing to eat for sustenance, or being ordered or forced to do it when you were trying not to).
So, what do you think? My character for tomorrow has already made her choice, what’s yours?
What would I choose? I posted my choice here.
What did my character choose? Go here to find out.