Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

who, what, why, where, and Sheila

I’ve been fighting with Sheila lately. It turns out that she’s a teenager, NOT a fifth grader. She said, “I used to be a fifth grader, but now I’m a teenager and I want to talk about cheerleading and boys and stuff, not those lame adventures that you tried to write for me, which, by the way, never happened.”

Eeek! It’s a teenage zombie cheerleader with an attitude. HELP!

On the positive side, Sheila’s age change has helped immensely with the writing and the story. I was really struggling. When I originally imagined her and started writing about her, she was a teenager, but then she got younger after my portfolio review. Speaking of which, since my drawing skews younger, I won’t be doing art for the book. It will be text only, and the art will be reserved for my blog and website as something fun.

Tomorrow, Sheila will FINALLY answer your questions!!! I got her to agree to answer them if she could be her teenage self and not have to try to remember what it was like being a fifth grader. All the questions asked so far will be answered, along with any new ones in this comment section (by tomorrow at 10am EST).

So that’s what I’ve been up to, well that and panicking because we’re leaving this weekend and I’m so far behind in all the stuff I have to do before we leave that it’s not even funny! *stop for deep breaths* What have you been up to lately?

p.s. The title of this post doesn’t really mean anything, unless you read the post and think it does (then let me know what it means too, ok?).

p.p.s. I will be gone until January, starting this weekend. I will continue to post the Monday Art Day segments, but I’m not sure how much internet access or time away from family I’ll have. Wheeeeee! If I can sneak away, I’ll try to check in :)

6 comments:

  1. What's up with teenage zombies these days?

    Can't wait to hear what she has to say! :0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular teenagers are enough of a handful...good luck with that one!

    Enjoy your long getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the question Christy - she answered it :)

    Thanks Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know what kind of music a teenage zombie girl enjoys...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good question Kelly! Sheila will have to think on that and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila seems like a girl who knows what she wants; I'd listen to her.

    ReplyDelete