Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

puppets, pumpkins, boo, and bats

This week I drew five images over seven days for #inktober and Illustration Friday. This first image is my Frankenstein cow making a Halloween appearance with a pumpkin, ghost, and owl. Still trying to find the right look for him. This look is close to the original sketches I did a long time ago:


I actually did this pumpkin for the first image this week, but it's second on the list (Frankenstein cow wanted to go first). You can't see it from this small picture, but there are images of ghosts, bats, witches, and cats inside the pumpkin stem and the pumpkin face.


The prompt for Illustration Friday this week is puppet. I couldn't resist drawing a trick-or-treating dog being given candy treats by a chicken (all orchestrated by the puppet master girl, of course).


I wanted to do a word image, and this is what happened. No idea why there are spiders with the ghosts, but it was fun to do and I like how it turned out.


I unearthed an old pencil sketch with bats this week, and decided it looked like a face, so I inked it and added a moon in the middle for the nose. This was a small part of a larger sketch. The rest of it is pretty bad, but I like the bat face and wanted to save that part. 


This is the last week of #inktober! Only one more post (Friday) with Halloweenie ink drawings. Not sure yet what November will bring. Stay tuned!


Want to see my other inktober images? Click here to check them out.   

2 comments:

  1. The chainsaw mooing cow is fantastic. If i saw one i'd run the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Who gave the cow a chainsaw? Whatever you do, don't give the cow a chainsaw! Oh, you meant his voice ... never mind ;)

    Thanks, Mirka! BTW, no need to worry. The cow is friendly, even if he does look scary. Probably wouldn't even know how to use a chainsaw. Probably.

    ReplyDelete