Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Read Across America, Dr. Seuss, and cats wearing hats

Today is Read Across America day! Dr. Seuss, and his book The Cat in the Hat, help inspire kids to read every year (tomorrow is his birthday - he would have been 109). Last year I drew a series of Dr. Seuss inspired art, and posted this one for Read Across America:


It's  still one of my favorites from that series, and answers the question: What if the Cat in the Hat had a brother? (Unfortunately for the fish, it that would be a bad thing indeed!) What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? What do you think would happen in a story with the Cat in the Hat and his brothers and sisters? Maybe they'd be a family of cats, all wearing hats!


I drew these cats wearing hats in May 2010. I particularly like the orange cat, who looks like our old cat, Romulus. I can just imagine him looking forlorn like that and thinking, "Why are you making me wear this hat?"

Read a book today, with your kids, by yourself, or to your cat, or fish! I'll be reading Fox in Sox by Dr. Seuss, and will hopefully have time to read a novel too.

2 comments:

  1. Too^ wonderful. I love your art. (It helps that I love cats also.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mirka!!! I love cats too :) but you could probably tell that.

      Delete