Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

seagulls dancing in the rain, Judy Blume tribute, and windows for IF

The prompt for Illustration Friday this week is window. I decided to do a quick painting today of the view outside my window of seagulls dancing in the rain (flying, actually, but the soaring and swooping looked like dancing):


I also sketched an image which I might turn into a painting for the ABFE auction at BEA. This year they're honoring Judy Blume. I thought it would be fun to paint a girl in a window seat enjoying Judy's books. Here's the sketch (note-this is a cell phone picture and not a good scan):


The weather outside the window is wintery in the sketch. Thinking about making it rainy instead.

2 comments:

  1. The first image is my mental picture of self, the second closer to the actual one. Always enjoy your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mirka! I think I'm both. Sometimes I look out the window at the seagulls and sometimes I read stories about them. ;)

      Delete